In tribute to the The Amazing Miss Pippajo (for whom my blogstalking devotion never wavers. No matter how many other blogs i stalk, I always end up there three or four times a day whether she posts or not)who did topic this last week and made me literally laugh out loud. My family is not as funny but they are kind of weird which is always interesting fodder for a list!
Thirteen Things About My Family
1. When you plan a party for three o clock, nobody actually shows up at 3. Usually its around 345. If you show up on time? You freak out the hosts and have to help set up.
2. My younger brother married a woman with my name and I married a man with his name. Interestingly, my step brother and sister both married people with forms of my name too.
3. My two brothers and I all have some sort of brain dysfunction that causes us to argue to the point of irrationality and can be wrong 32 times in a row but still be just as adamant that 33rd time.
4. Its takes us about 45 minutes to decide on pizza toppings if we are all together and someone makes the mistake to ask us what we want.
5. When we play games, it’s always extreme trash talk games. We made my sister in law cry when she first played monopoly with us because “brothers and sisters are not supposed to act that way”(bless her heart she is an only child) Now she is right in the thick of things.
6. Related to #5, my brothers once spent an entire hour ending a game of mousetrap with each other long after the child (my nephew) we were playing with quit. They are that competitive.
7. Also related to #5, you could lose 50 lbs in my family and nobody would notice, but if you get a bad haircut, we are falling all over ourselves to get the first slam out. It should bother me but I love that about us.
8. My older brother would and has given us the shirt off his back but if you spend 49.95 on his gift in a 50 dollar gift exchange, he wants to know where that nickel went.
9. When my father or brothers are worried about one another they will not ask each other what is wrong. They call me and make me ask. It doesn’t matter if they spent the entire day golfing together. They refuse to ask each other about problems.
10. All three of us are extremely different (almost diametrically oppositie if that’s possible) politically and religiously but it is not a source of conflict between us.
11. All three of us are pathological about customer service and have written letters to restaurants, phone companies, and even the skechers corporation.
12. Since my father and step-mother have been married, all of their children have only given birth to opposite sex children. In other words all the boys had girls and the girls had boys.
13. I am extremely close to all of them but I am so close with my older brother’s wife I once accidentally introduced them as my sister-in-law and her husband.
14. Both times my younger brother’s wife got pregnant, I ended up pregnant within three months. I told her that if she gets pregnant again, Im going into a convent for nine months.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!