Ok Im slashing folks. Its all in the interest of time
-threw my back out friday at the damn vets. The jackass had me pick up my scared (and apparently 43 lb) dog to put him on the scale with no advice KNOWING this was my first dog. I liked the guy I picked George up from much better. BTW he is a year old and a setter, shepard, lab mix with we believe spaniel thrown in. (George not the vet)
– Aggravated said back injury at the christmas “ball” by dancing after four vodka and diet cokes. Madame Fabu was a little fuzzy navelled up to be too worried about the fact that I was her designated driver although she did encourage me to eat a lot of bread. Ill mini-slash highlights from the evening.
-Madame Fabu was a stand out date all the way around. Also I got the much needed picture for my “madame fabu’s ocd christmas conundrum” post.
-buffet SUCKED ASS. How can you ruin rice-a-roni? Not sure, but they did it on this buffet. The pasta was dry, the meat was gross. The potatoes were good, although the rolls were chintzy. All in all, a big thumbs down.
– I did NOT win a tv although that was my goal for going there.
– I did make a New Best Friend. He is married to the source of the “two drinks away from anything” comment (who will at this point be known as “two drink tanya”) Not only did he fund half of the vodka and diet coke excess, but gave me some excellent advice. In fact words to live by, “always get paid up front”. He and two drink have that understanding, her only rule for messing around is, “Always get paid up front”. I was actually thinking of getting a tattoo on my chest saying “If youve gotten this far, you should know Im married.” Instead, based on these words of wisdom, Im going to get “If you’ve gotten this far, please pay up front”.
– I did accept five bucks from two drink for one of my stockings which she tossed on the stage. Im not sure why that all happened, but i just remember thinking, “no matter what she says, its a really bad idea to give her my bra”.
– I did have a lovely time with Spike and his wife Crste, who came up with the BRILLIANT idea of getting one of the formula stirrer gadgets from Babies r us for a personal drink mixer. Kudos Crste Kudos. Spike and I did not do Kevin Bacon, but Crste did participate in “there’s your boyfriend” which as we all know is equally as entertaining.
– Sobered up in plenty of time to drive but spent the day yesterday in pain and sleeping. Im just so damn tired.
-My back still hurts. I have to be at work at 815 and Im just a little crabby. Also there is way too much sun these days.
Ok enough for now. Norm and I are going to watch the year without a santa claus.