And the month of Gill-smoke continues…
Thursday Thirteen Interesting Things About Marrying My Husband.
1. He proposed with the phrase “what are you doing tomorrow? Want to go get married?” .
2. We were engaged for about 18 hours tops.
3. We were married in a Mexican barrio in downtown Tucson called the “Garden of Gesthemane”. It had life size statues of different scenes of from the gospels. We have a really disturbing picture of the best man leaning over the tomb statue looking like he was doing something not good to Jesus.
4. We only met the best man that day. Never saw him before or after that day. Two better men in town worked that day.
5. We bought our marriage license at the place at the jail where you post bail. It was a Monday so there was a line but we were the only ones getting married and not posting bail.
6. Our ceremony was “universal Unitarian” (which in a crazy twist of fate we actually follow now) and directed by a man we found in the phone book. “Reverend Dan” was missing an eye and a leg and also had a skin condition and blatantly false teeth. Gill likes to refer to him as “reverend dan or what was left of him”.
7. We bought his ring at a pawn shop for ten bucks.
8. We ate pizza for lunch that day and went to shop for a bouquet afterwards.
9. We got the bouquet for free because the ladies at the florist shop were tickled by our story.
10. We both cried during the vows. They talked about “rainbows of happiness”.
11. We went to see “interview with a vampire” after the ceremony. It was the matinee. We got popcorn.
12. We had taco bell for dinner before going home for the night.
13. The entire day cost us less than one hundred dollars. I love my wedding story!
Blogs I like that do TT’s because I don’t have the wherewithal to link anymore
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Special thanks to Novelist In Training for letting me break out of my TT banner slump!