Hey folks, Gret had a family emergency (nope, not telling, go to her blog for clues)so Im working from home until about three. Why not live blog? How do I propose to do this? Well by herding the need freaks outside the second the turnip wakes up. Yeah he is still asleep. Miracle? Not so much…more like he was up from 430am to 630 am. Why? You might ask? Or I hope you do ask so I can show you this:
This is what happened while i went to the bathroom at 330am. It is bit blurry so allow me to explain. On the very left side of the picture you will see Gill. Yes I do believe he is hanging on to the edge of the bed. He is covered with the mauve sheet and the cream patterned comforter. Norm is the yellow mass that is perpendicular to him. What is the bright light? You might think its the lamp but I think its actually the beatific glow from this face:
So how does this little late night logistical problem involve the turnip? Who is the only person in our house to sleep where he is supposed to sleep? Well, I decided to seek out another bed. The only made bed was in the turnip’s room. And of course somewhere in the back of his subconscious, he sensed the presence of mommy. Within minutes he was standing in his crib screaming….and so we were up from 430 to 630. Ok Im going to work a bit, then i will reward us all by attempting an explanation of the culture of wal-mart for our across-the-pond correspondent Lina.
Just a bit longer, Miss Lina. Now its time for Embed-a-me-me!
My darlingest of ashes tagged me.
Here are the rules:
I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I have very long toes. I like to think of them as Piano playing toes. I use them to pick things up. I think of them as lithe and sexy.
2. I secretly believe Gill screws with my mind way more than he will ever admit. I think he exploits my chaotic disorganization for his own gratification. On one level its frustrating but its also kind of an interesting challenge.
3. I do not generally yell at my children. And NEVER in anger. (this is not restraint. this is a sign of me being completely whipped by them)
4. My bedroom is almost completely clean right now. Ive made the bed for three days in a row. This is the first time in my adult life that I made the bed three days in a row.
5. In terms of personal limitations, I have no trouble dealing with mental illness or delays. I can even deal with the biological side effects involved in lack of body function control. My personal limitation is that I am embarrassingly alarmed when I notice a person with missing limbs or extremities. I become obsessed by the limb and its presence in our dynamic. I worry about the karmic implications of this constantly.
6. Ive solved my lack of sexual fantasy problem: Andy Garcia. I dont know how I forgot him in the line up. (Thanks for the suggestions folks, but andy was already in the bull pen by that night. I will keep your recommendations in mind for future reference though!)
7. I will never dye my hair blond no matter how much Id be tempted because my mother dyes her hair (or did before she disowned us!) and i could not stand the comparison.
8. I think about Ash a lot more than she realizes. I feel guilty about not being more available and hope she knows that it is not from a lack of love!
ok I must take a shower before the training…