Friends, it’s been a rough week or so. (Well a rough summer. You can read my updated whine on the companion blog should you choose). We are being audited on Friday. I am posting solely for the entertainment of the honorable and revered Madame Fabu as she deserves entertainment under the circumstances.(Note: For the uninitiated, audits suck) Still, as much as I love Madame Fabu, I am reducing myself to random slashes of crseness. It’s all I got left tonight friends.
– The Au Pair is leaving for the State University next week. We are in denial about this mostly. We are also courting a new Au Pair. (We haven’t used the phrase yet…too soon) (Au Pair if you are reading this, no fears. You will always be our first)
– Im trying to give up bread and processed sugar. Not including the 1/3 of a container of coconut pecan frosting I ate for breakfast. And the two brownies I ate tonight. It’s a process friends….
– I seriously think something is clinically wrong with the soccer coach. Like a bizarre hair trigger rudeness that he over-compensates for with equally bizarre episodes of quasi-kindness. It’s puzzling and annoying, yet strangely fascinating. (Despite the fact that Im intensely bitter most of the time when I am with him) (To those looking for some sordid excitement, I regret to say he is not even remotely attractive so no it’s not going to go there)
– School is going well I think. Norm is happy and we’ve not been tardy once. I am trying not to get discouraged that we have 175 more days (or so) to go this year.
– I am watching Dateline right now. As they describe the crime, I am looking at the man accused and damn if he does not remind me of the soccer coach. Not that I’m necessarily calling the coach a sociopath. It’s way too soon to tell….
– Folks have inquired about the switching header. I apologize for the shock of it and assure you all thatmy intent was not to abandon Live Nude Spidermonkeys. In truth, it was never meant to last as long as it did. Still it had a good run. Maybe it will come back one day….
– I am going to be part of a teacher slate at church this year. This will be the first time Ive taught children about religion since the “OJ” incident in the mid-90s after which i was asked to step down from sunday school teaching (and subsequently led to my final split with the baptist church) (to be honest friends, the parting of the ways had started long before “if the cross doesn’t fit, you must acquit” lesson). Im kind of excited. Ill keep you all posted.
Man I wish I had more to bring to the table tonight friends. September, she’s a harsh mistress. ….