So. Very. It. (DAMMMMM STRAIGHT BITCHES)
And also? My new blogfriend Georgie B tagged me for a book meme. Now you all know I love a good tag but also I don’t tag. A) Because many of my blogfriends do not “do” memes and B) Because people who want to do it should do it whether I tag them or not. So these are the crse-revised rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random bookish things about yourself.
4. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I knew how to read before I was two years old. Im also an abnormally fast reader. This skill has not bettered my life in any way. It did leave me with an insatiable appetite for books.
2. When I was young, I would read absolutely anything. I read so much that my parents would refuse to send me to my room for punishment. Instead they sent me outside. I would hide books under my clothes and sneak out of site of the house, find a tree and settle down to read.
3. I am incredibly picky about books. I refuse to finish a book if it doesn’t meet my finicky standards. The only exception to this so far are my bookclub books. (and that’s all about not letting someone try to convince me the book got way better right after i stopped reading)
4.(As regular readers can well imagine) I have a horrible relationship with libraries. When my own sweet luckybuzz used to work at the university library, she would automatically renew my books for me. Let’s just say that after she graduated, things went rapidly downhill…
5. I only read in or on my bed. I can’t read anywhere else. I don’t have any idea why that is.
6. I think Im going to try to write a book soon. Ive been thinking about it for years and never felt confident enough to follow through, despite repeated encouragement from family and friends (Gill in particular). Im not saying it won’t suck. Im just saying, I think Im going to try it.
Ok friends, man this took a long time. Im so tired! Viva la me-me